- Newscast Director
- Studio production
- Social media content management
- Digital photography & image editing
- Graphics and web design
- Extensive computer software experience
- Excellent organizational & administrative skills
WJTV Jackson, Mississippi
- Direct morning & evening newscasts using Grass Valley Ignite automated production system. Create and code timeline events into rundown and setup control room peripheral equipment.
- Coordinate and monitor all technical elements and resources to ensure a high quality broadcast.
- Edit daily episodic promos using Adobe Premiere for ingest into master control server.
WIAT Birmingham, Alabama
- Directed newscasts using Grass Valley Ignite automated production system. Responsible for creating and coding timeline events into rundown and setup of control room peripheral equipment.
- Responsible for setup and operation of all studio equipment including lights, microphones, robotic cameras, and teleprompter for newscasts.
- Edited daily episodic promos using Adobe Premiere for ingest into master control server.
WLUK Green Bay, Wisconsin
Technical Director/Assistant Ignite Director
- Operated production switcher as Technical Director for newscasts, coordinating all technical elements needed for the show. Also responsible for creating all pre-produced elements and effects.
- Directed newscasts and cut-ins using Grass Valley Ignite automated production system.
- Handled ingesting of commercials and promos into master control system and non-linear editing of pre-produced elements for newscasts.
- Sample video – Ignite Newscast Director:
WHNT Huntsville, Alabama
- Directed and switched evening and weekend newscasts. Responsible for all technical elements of the show, including camera shots and graphics.
- Trained production staff and demonstrated proper use of studio equipment to improve on-air quality.
- Worked closely with news department, anchors, and engineering staff to present the highest rated newscasts in the market for three years.
- Sample video – Newscast Director:
WLOX Biloxi, Mississippi
- Directed and switched weekday morning newscasts. Responsible for all technical elements of the show, including graphics and effects using Ampex video switcher.
- Operated all studio equipment including and stage directed weekday and weekend newscasts. Also trained new production staff on the correct use of studio equipment.
- Worked closely with both news and production departments during times of minimal staffing to execute a quality on-air product.
- Sample video – Newscast Director (first block plus interview segment):
WTXL Tallahassee, Florida
- Directed and switched weekend and evening newscasts using Grass Valley 1600 video switcher. Maintained effective communication with producers and talent during breaking news situations.
- Created graphics for use in newscast using Chyron Max character generator. Also operated studio cameras and audio console for live and taped productions.
- Coordinated all pre-production for newscasts including editing opens, teases, and promos.
- Sample video – Newscast Director (program audio):
MediaOne Cable Channel 19 Pompano Beach, Florida
- Produced and directed award winning local origination and public access cable programs and community relations videos. Responsible for all aspects of production.
- Directed multi camera remote telecasts of local sports events and live special interest programming including high school football, professional tennis, and holiday parades. Coordinated all technical elements and logistical issues.
- Sample video – Producer/Director/Editor, High School Football:
- Bachelor of Arts, Speech Communication – Wayne State University, Detroit MI
- Coordinated production and technical efforts during continuous severe weather coverage. Directed and coordinated production elements and master control during unscripted coverage of live events during dangerous weather conditions. Result: Station consistently achieved highest ratings in the market for breaking news and severe weather coverage.
- Supervised and trained Production Assistants. Demonstrated and instructed proper procedures and use of production equipment. Result: Created a professional and consistent on-air quality.
- Successfully developed an award winning cable television program. Videotaped, edited, wrote, and produced an outdoors program. Result: Increased viewing audience of local cable channel.
- Produced and directed telecasts of high school football games. Coordinated and directed production and technical aspects of multi-camera remotes from start to finish. Result: Became most popular program on cable TV Company’s local channel for two consecutive seasons.
- Transformed a hobby into revenue generating photography business. Created, displayed, and marketed over 6,000 photos of aviation related events for commercial and private use. Result: Doubled annual revenue and received national exposure on certain photos.