WJTV / Nexstar Broadcast Group
Responsible for the visual direction and clean technical execution of the newscast. Collaborate with news department and management to facilitate late changes and provide creative input. Work with production staff to create a more efficient workflow in an automated studio environment. Provide inspiration to co-workers by being proactive and maintaining a high degree of professionalism in stressful situations.
Direct station newscasts
- Coordinate and direct staff and technical resources for the show following the format and guidelines established by the Producer.
- Result: Drive ratings success and improve station image within the community by broadcasting competitive, high quality programs on air and online.
Coordinate production and technical efforts during coverage of severe weather events
- Direct production elements during extended live coverage of dangerous weather.
- Result: station consistently achieves highest ratings in the market for breaking news and severe weather coverage.
Trained Production Assistants
- Demonstrated and instructed proper procedures and use of broadcast studio and control room equipment.
- Results: Created a professional and consistent on-air quality.
Successfully developed an award winning local cable television program
- Videotaped, edited, wrote, and produced a fishing program on the local cable channel.
- Results: Increased viewing audience and awareness of the local access cable channel.
Design & manage a website to display and market aviation photography
- Provide high quality digital images for commercial & private use and informative material for the aviation enthusiast community.
- Result: Transformed a hobby into a revenue generating enterprise.
Career & Life Skill
Television & media production
Excellent communication skills
Multi-tasking in a deadline driven environment
Ready to Relocate
Contact me using the email links at the top of the page.